Weekly Electronic Notices
Week beginning 29 Mar 2020-No 58
A message from Vicar Roberta
Dear St Dunstan’s Friends,
We have been in partial lockdown for a week or so, my prayer is that while you have been physically isolating that you won’t have felt lonely but instead, that you might feel connected and loved. Our buddy system is working well, and I am deeply grateful for your care of one another. I am sure, however that there are people who haven’t yet connected and I encourage you to reach out to someone if you haven’t got a buddy. Tania is sending out a list of all our regular attendees so that you can pray for one another.
Tomorrow our church service will be live streamed on Facebook. I know that there are people who aren’t on facebook but if you have the internet it is fairly simple to get connected. If you don’t have anyone to help please give me, or Tania a ring and we will help you.
I am also trying to send out a few other things on Facebook to help us all through this difficult patch. Trevor Blake is working to set up some groups of people to be connected for prayer through less high tech means. If you would like to be part of a group please let me know.
Our prayer wall is in use and people have been popping in to post prayers and to pray, please feel free to send me prayer requests if you can’t get here yourself.
I am still working on the Sacred Space kits, but some will be ready for distribution this week. They will have a beeswax candle made from the ends of candles we have burned at St Dunstan’s, a cross, some of them have been made by Val Edwards from gum branches picked up on site, a picture of the beautiful icon that Dr Judy Moore painted, and some prayers. All this will be in a bag, fabric curtesy of our dear Gordon, so they are designed to bring a little bit of St Dunstan’s into your home to make a place where you can pray. If you would like one, just email me and we will deliver them.
This is a difficult time and I pray that you will know hope and the peace of God in your hearts.
With much love, Roberta
- We may not be meeting together but we can definitely keep praying for each other. Vicar Roberta has put together this list so we can pray for one another daily as well as find a buddy (if we haven’t already) to keep in regular contact with during these difficult times.
- Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page St Dunstans Anglican Church Group .https://www.facebook.com/groups/482613181793174/and bookmark our websitewww.stdunstans.org.au. We will be live streaming a service tomorrow at 9.30am so please join us.
- The notice board in the porch will serve as our prayer wall. If you have a prayer need, please post this on the wall. There are pens and slips of paper on the bench underneath. If you prefer, bring your own pen. Roberta will be checking these regularly. If you can’t get to church, please free to email your prayer requests to Roberta on email@example.com. So far we have the following requests for prayer please:
- Family member who are struggling
- Children and parents stuck at home.
- The homeless and those unsure of their futures. Pray that the support staff can remain healthy and not burn out from the added stresses they are facing.
- Pray for courage, calm, compassion and comfort in God’s grace. We stand divided in space but united in spirit. Lord, save us in our time of trial.
- If you currently contribute by cash to the open plate, please consider moving this to an electronic transfer or a direct debit set up. We want our church to survive this current crisis and we may not be able to do this if our giving falls away. If people can’t come to church and stop giving, our church may not be able to survive.
Our banking details are as follows:
St Dunstans Anglican Church
BSB: 633 000
Account No: 1374 96667
If you need help with setting this up, please contact Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church will go on just in different ways. Please see Vicar Roberta for any need you may have. You can find her on the church office number 0478 404 179. Please leave a message if you can’t reach her immediately.
- WENS will continue to be one of the main ways that we disseminate information to our Parish. If you currently do not get this electronic newsletter, please let Tania know on 0438 622 899 or at email@example.com
Invitation to experience a Messianic Jewish Seder
Dear Friends at St Dunstan’s Anglican Church,
Shalom and blessings to you in Yeshua our Passover Lamb.
As the world shuts down and as we are encouraged to stay home to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, Celebrate Messiah would like to invite you to celebrate a Virtual Messianic Jewish Passover Seder with us online on the 9th of April at 6.30pm.
Just as God redeemed the Israelites from slavery and bondage in Egypt 3,500 years ago, so too has he redeemed all those who trust in Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah, our Passover Lamb who has been sacrificed for us (1Cor 5:7).
Lawrence Hirsch, Executive Director of Celebrate Messiah and Rabbi of Beit HaMashiach Messianic Congregation will host the online event from his own home in the heart of Jewish Melbourne. Celebrate Messiah will help you to prepare a Passover Seder in your own home with set-up guidelines, Passover recipes and a Messianic Passover Haggadah for you to download. And, if you like, you can purchase our Passover Set to have your own Seder Plate, Matzah cover, Kiddush Cup, Haggadahs and a bonus box of Matzah!
Join us from the comfort and safety of your own dining room and use this opportunity to tell the story of God’s redemption of his people by the blood of the Lamb! Let’s get the word out and invite others to attend. Let’s be ready to give a reason for the hope that is in us (1Pet 3:15). This may be the largest Virtual Passover in Australia’s history!
We will be streaming live from our website, facebook and youtube account. To find out more information and download resources please click on link below:
“You know that you were redeemed from the futile way of life handed down from your ancestors—not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with precious blood like that of a lamb without defect or spot, the blood of Messiah.” (1 Peter 1:18–19, TLV)
Celebrate the Passover with our Complete Passover Set sourced from Israel!
The Seder Plate, is the focal point for the Passover Seder. It holds the ceremonial foods around which the Seder is based and helps to vividly retell