Weekly Electronic Notices
Week beginning 28 March 2021-No 101
- Grateful thanks to the loving hands who procured Palm Fronds, cleaned them and fashioned our Palm Crosses. Thank you Ray for leading a beautiful service.
- Holy Week Services
Maundy Thursday 7.30pm Institution of the Blessed Sacrament.
Good Friday 9.30am
Easter Sunday 6am and 9.30am with breakfast in between services.
- Remember Daylight Savings ends next weekend so please factor that in for Easter Sunday services!
- We will be having breakfast on Easter Sunday between services so join us for a hot cross bun and a cuppa. As we will be breakfasting, there will be no morning tea.
- Please note there will be no Thursday 11 am service on Maundy Thursday.
- Volunteers required on Easter Saturday at 9 am to get our church ready for Easter Sunday. This will not take too long and will be a matter of putting everything back in place after Good Friday.
- The Stations of The Cross ecumenical service will take place on Good Friday at Highfield Park at 12 noon. We need a couple volunteers for readings. If you would like to be involved please contact Ray (as above) or Rosemary on email@example.com
- Thank you to all those who volunteered their time and efforts at our working bee last week. It was a very productive day and all set tasks were completed. And doesn’t our church look magnificent?! Again, a BIG thank you to those involved.
- Please put May 1 in your diaries. The May Day Fair is happening and St Dunstan’s is back!! We have a lot of books and trash and treasure items to sell. All hands on deck required for set up on the Friday afternoon prior and on the actual day. A sign up sheet will be available next week.
- Please note that there will be no Thursday service on 8 April.
- Bishop Alison Taylor will take Sunday Eucharist on 11 April.
Tea Towel Fundraiser
As part of our Mission Action Plan activities, the Welcoming Group is proposing a tea towel fundraiser. The black and white design is based on a sketch of St Dunstan’s by Bendigo artist, Belinda John (Cath Goss’ mum!)
The tea towels cost $15 each. If you would like to put in an order, please let Cath Goss know via email on firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of March. We will then order them in bulk and payment is on collection once they arrive.
- Please continue to pray for our Incumbency Committee as they undertake the important work of finding a new vicar for our parish. You may wish to use the following prayer:
give to this parish a faithful pastor
who will faithfully speak your word
and minister your sacraments;
an encourager who will equip your people for ministry
and enable us to fulfil our calling.
Give to those who will chose, wisdom,
discernment and patience,
and to us give warm and generous hearts,
for Jesus Christ’s sake. Amen.
- A small group of St Dunstan’s parishioners have been saying Morning Prayer together via Zoom, at 9.15 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays since April 2020. We share the leading, reading and intercessory roles. Week by week we pray for each member of the Parish. If you would like to join us please contact Trevor Blake by email at email@example.com or on 0401 716 264.
- Please continue to pray for each other from our Parish Prayer List.
- The Diocesan Child Safe Policy is available on our website https://stdunstans.org.au/index.php/child-safe-policy/
- Important Numbers:
Child Safe Officer: Ms Maxine Farrar 0408 311 390
Child Protection: 1300 360 391
Kooyoora: 1800 135 246
- As part of our child safety priorities, we are required to make available the Kooyoora Mission Statement in our newsletter.
Kooyoora Ltd is an independent not for profit company that provides professional standards and other services to charities, including charities that are Anglican dioceses, entities, colleges and schools, to enable them more effectively to fulfil their charitable objectives. Their Vision is as follows:
“Our Vision is to enable and manage–
a fair and independent process for complaint handling and screening for par ticipating organisations tailored to their circumstances that –
respects both complainants and respondents
upholds the standards and integrity of the organization, and
promotes the safety of children and adults with whom the organization en gages.
schemes for participating institutions to provide redress through an
independent survivor focused, trauma informed, pastoral and therapeutic process.”
For more information, please visit https://www.kooyoora.org.au/
- Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page St Dunstans Anglican Church Group .https://www.facebook.com/groups/482613181793174/and bookmark our websitewww.stdunstans.org.au. We will be live streaming Sunday services at 9.30am on Facebook and soon after, the Vicar’s message will also be uploaded onto our website.
PALM SUNDAY PHOTOS