Weekly Electronic Notices
Week beginning 21 June 2020-No 69
- Due to the recent developments in Covid 19 restrictions, the Archbishop has encouraged us not to open our doors just yet. So we will continue as we have been for the past few months with live streamed services. Thank you for your patience and forbearance under these trying circumstances.
- Morning Prayer will still continue on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9.10am. Please join us if you are able. Appropriate physical distancing rules will apply.
- We will need young, fit people to volunteer with specialised cleaning once church services commence. Please consider this act of service if you are able and communicate your willingness to either Bev Gruar, who will draw up a roster, or the wardens.
- We also need welcomers to welcome back people once services commence. Please consider this if your health is not compromised and let the wardens know.
- The Camcare donation basket has been placed in the porch. The next time you are at the supermarket, why not pick up a few extra cans of soup or some such like for those who need it. Please drop off your donations and we will ensure they get delivered to Camcare.
- Trevor Blake is our Covid19 Safety Officer and is working through the processes needed to ensure we are as prepared as we can be prior to people coming back to the church premises. To that end, we need some people to join a small working group to write up the various procedures and agreements we have to prepare before we can have people physically attending church. If you could help with this please communicate with one of the wardens.
- Trevor Blake is also facilitating Morning Prayer via Zoom each Tuesday and Thursday with a small group. If you are interested in joining that group you will need to download the free Zoom app on your computer, iPad or smart phone. If you would like to join please contact Trevor at email@example.com
- Vicar Roberta, as part of our St Dunstans day celebrations, has invited us to make a coloured paper/cardboard heart and write on it something you love about the community of St Dunstans. Please post them in to Roberta or pop it in the vicarage letterbox and Roberta will do something very celebratory with them once we are able to come together as a parish community. Roberta has already shared some beautiful hearts people have sent in on our Facebook page.
- Please continue to pray for each other from our updated Parish Prayer List:
- Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page St Dunstans Anglican Church Group .https://www.facebook.com/groups/482613181793174/and bookmark our websitewww.stdunstans.org.au. We will be live streaming Sunday services at 9.30am on Facebook and soon after, the Vicar’s message will also be uploaded onto our website.
A message regarding the Melbourne Anglican Foundation 2020 Annual Appeal
Covid-19 has created both a health and economic crisis.
It has also given Christians more opportunities to serve, care and love our neighbours.
Taking the words of Jesus to heart in Mark 12:31 ‘Love your neighbour as yourself’ this year the Melbourne Anglican Foundation 2020 Annual Appeal is focussing on those
The brochure attached to this email gives three examples of some of the programs we are privileged to work with.
You will also find a letter from Bishop Brad Billings, Chair of the Melbourne Anglican Foundation together with a response form.
You may choose to give online at: www.melbourneanglican.org.au/ServingCommunity/Foundation/Pages/Foundation by selecting the Melbourne Anglican Benevolent Fund.
Or, you may prefer to complete the response form and mail it to: Fiona Langton, Donor Management Administrator, 209 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, VIC 3000.
Please give as you are able to the Melbourne Anglican Benevolent Fund. All gifts over $2 are tax deductible.
We are so thankful to have you as partners as we love our neighbours as ourselves.
Nicola Templeton | Director of Development and Communications
Anglican Diocese of Melbourne | 209 Flinders Lane Melbourne Vic 3000 | +61 3 9653 4277
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.melbourne.anglican.com.au
Postal address 209 Flinders Lane Melbourne 3000. The delivery address for Courier and Parcels is Anglican Diocese of Melbourne, 209 Flinders Lane Melbourne 3000.