Weekly Electronic Notices
Week beginning 11 April 2021-No 103
- Please put Saturday May 1 in your diaries. The May Day Fair is happening and St Dunstan’s is back!! We have a lot of books and trash and treasure items to sell. As well as craft and plants. Postcards will be ready next week for letter box drops. All hands on deck required for set up on the Friday afternoon prior and on the actual day. A sign up sheet is available at the back of the church. Please see Chris Forte if you can help in any way. There are plenty of little jobs that need doing to ensure a successful fete day.
- Thank you to Bishop Alison for leading our Sunday service last week, while Father Ray has been enjoying some time away. Alison has been preaching in the Diocese of Canberra Goulburn during Holy Week and brings with her greetings from there, particularly from Roberta!
Tea Towel Fundraiser
As part of our Mission Action Plan activities, the Welcoming Group is proposing a tea towel fundraiser. The black and white design is based on a sketch of St Dunstan’s by Bendigo artist, Belinda John (Cath Goss’ mum!)
The tea towels cost $15 each. If you would like to put in an order, please let Cath Goss know via email on firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of March. We will then order them in bulk and payment is on collection once they arrive.
- Please continue to pray for our Incumbency Committee as they undertake the important work of finding a new vicar for our parish. You may wish to use the following prayer:
give to this parish a faithful pastor
who will faithfully speak your word
and minister your sacraments;
an encourager who will equip your people for ministry
and enable us to fulfil our calling.
Give to those who will chose, wisdom,
discernment and patience,
and to us give warm and generous hearts,
for Jesus Christ’s sake. Amen.
- A small group of St Dunstan’s parishioners have been saying Morning Prayer together via Zoom, at 9.15 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays since April 2020. We share the leading, reading and intercessory roles. Week by week we pray for each member of the Parish. If you would like to join us please contact Trevor Blake by email at email@example.com or on 0401 716 264.
- Rev Roberta Hamilton has asked for our prayers as she undergoes surgery on both her knees on 27 April. Please remember her in your prayers.
- Please continue to pray for each other from our Parish Prayer List.
- The Diocesan Child Safe Policy is available on our website https://stdunstans.org.au/index.php/child-safe-policy/
- Important Numbers:
Child Safe Officer: Ms Maxine Farrar 0408 311 390
Child Protection: 1300 360 391
Kooyoora: 1800 135 246
- As part of our child safety priorities, we are required to make available the Kooyoora Mission Statement in our newsletter.
Kooyoora Ltd is an independent not for profit company that provides professional standards and other services to charities, including charities that are Anglican dioceses, entities, colleges and schools, to enable them more effectively to fulfil their charitable objectives. Their Vision is as follows:
“Our Vision is to enable and manage–
a fair and independent process for complaint handling and screening for par ticipating organisations tailored to their circumstances that –
respects both complainants and respondents
upholds the standards and integrity of the organization, and
promotes the safety of children and adults with whom the organization en gages.
schemes for participating institutions to provide redress through an
independent survivor focused, trauma informed, pastoral and therapeutic process.”
For more information, please visit https://www.kooyoora.org.au/
- Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page St Dunstans Anglican Church Group .https://www.facebook.com/groups/482613181793174/and bookmark our websitewww.stdunstans.org.au. We will be live streaming Sunday services at 9.30am on Facebook and soon after, the Vicar’s message will also be uploaded onto our website.