Weekly Electronic Notices
Week beginning 08 Sept 2019-No 33
- Vicar Roberta will be on leave from 18 September until 13 October, returning to work on 14 October. Reverend Trevor Smith will be the Locum.
- Thank you to Bev Gruar for agreeing to collate and copy this year’s annual meeting report. Our annual Meeting of the Parish will be on 17 November 2017. If you are responsible for writing a report, please have this to Bev no later than 27 October 2019. Please email in a word document so Bev can standardise the presentation. Bev’s email address is
firstname.lastname@example.org. Bev will be recruiting some assistance closer to the time. Thank you for your support to get our report together.
- We now have 2 volunteers undertaking the Food Handling Certificate. However, we need as many as possible to complete the free online module provided by the Department of Health and Human Services. This information will help us to better understand how to safely work with food for public consumption. Follow the link below and please let one of the wardens know when you have completed it so a record can be maintained.
- There will be no morning prayer from 16 September to 16 October inclusive.
- While our vicar is on leave, Rev Trevor Smith will be taking Thursday morning communion at St Dunstan’s on the following dates: 19/9 and 3/10. Once Rev. Roberta returns, it will be business as usual.
- St Dunstan’s Book Club. The first title in our new book club will be Grateful: The Transformative Power of Giving Thanks by Diana Butler Bass, author of Grounded. This is an easy yet challenging read and we will meet a number of times to discuss it.
‘If gratitude is good, why is it so hard to do? In Grateful, Diana Butler Bass untangles our conflicting understandings of gratitude and sets the table for a renewed practice of giving thanks.’
It is available from Fishpond, or Book Depository for about $25.00. We will begin reading it together in late October.
- There has been much work going on behind the scenes in the last few weeks. All the MAP working groups have now met and have put forward reports for Parish Council consideration on 12 September 2019. These reports detail how we will deliver the initiatives in our Mission Action Plan. Parish Council will approve Working Group’s operational plans and monitor their progress against these plans on a quarterly basis. Thanks to all those involved for their time, effort and vision for our parish as we strive to serve God and our fellow humans.
- Paul is preparing the rosters for both the 8am and 9.30am services for the next 3 months (Oct-Dec). Could you please let him know your availability for this quarter. We are always looking for volunteers to add to our roster list, particularly as welcomers. Please let Paul know if you are willing to help. Paul’s email is email@example.com