Tuesday at 1.30 pm sees the women of the Craft Group coming together for fellowship, talk and support with afternoon tea and handiwork.
The group provide quality items at reasonable prices for their stalls at Safeway in Middle Camberwell, the Annual Parish Fair and Pre Christmas Market. Knitting and appliqué are the favoured activities.
Caritas and Mothers’ Union
The Caritas Group has 14 members and meets monthly, its focus being fellowship, prayer and social, in the context of Sharing God’s Love by Encouraging, Strengthening and Supporting Family Life. Most Caritas members are admitted to MU also. We are part of the 3.6 million members in more than 78 countries worldwide.
Mother’s Union Australia Projects in 2009 included:
- Development Fund for PNG and Melanesia – Health Education (HIV AIDS), Literacy, rebuilding after tsunami and cyclone damage.
- Enhancement of Maternal and Infant Health in the City of Hume.
In 2009 the MU and Caritas Holy Communion Service and Presentation of Long-service badges saw twelve 25 years badges and seven 50 year badges presented. This represented over 700 years of Christian care for families.
MU members are supporters of the Sacristy Guild, Servers, Flower Roster, Cleaning, Vestry, Craft group, Kinder grandparent as well as a number of other ways. The group donates wedding and Baptism folders and the St Luke’s Gospel for the newly baptized.
At each monthly meeting a different member organizes the venue and activity for the night. It could be a discussion, video, speaker, dinner, movie etc. We organize a fund raising function each year with proceeds going to Mothers’ Union projects.
The Guild’s responsibilities include
- setting up for regular services
- setting up for special occasions – baptisms, weddings and funerals
- stripping the church at Eastertide
- obtaining and arranging the church flowers
- cleaning the church brass and candlesticks
- washing and ironing church linen
- ensuring the ongoing supply of candles, wine and wafers
Over the years the Sacristan has taken on the responsibility of organising the church cleaning roster – dusting, sweeping and vacuuming.
This group has approximately 16 paid up members, five of whom are regular worshipers at St Dunstan’s.
This group undertakes around 9 walks a year in and around Melbourne.
his group undertakes around 9 walks a year in and around Melbourne.